top of page

US Employers with Employees with Delayed Work Permits – Action Needed Today!

Updated: Aug 1, 2022

US Employers with international workers who submitted an application for employment authorization that has been approved by USCIS, but your employee has not receive their Employment Authorization Document (EAD), it’s time to reach out to those employees immediately.

A member of American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) has filed a class action law suit requesting that EADs be issued within seven (7) days, and there is a hearing on the Temporary Restraining Order scheduled for tomorrow, July 29.

Declarations from affected, eligible employees need to be submitted today, July 28, in order for the declarations to be presented during the TRO hearing tomorrow.

Submitting a declaration is super easy – sample attached - and message to send to your international workers who may qualify below:

“If you reside in the US, you submitted an Application for Employment Authorization and your Application has been approved but you have not received your EAD card, you may be eligible to submit a declaration TODAY for your declaration to be included in a Class Action Temporary Restraining Order hearing that will take place tomorrow, July 29, asking USCIS to issue approved EADs within seven (7) days.

Please see attached Sample Declaration, and follow instructions. Completed declarations can be sent as PDF files directly to the law firm handling this class action and TRO. Rob Cohen

As always, please check with your corporate immigration lawyer for specific legal advise regarding your situation or your employees’ situation.

Leyla McMullen


NOT LEGAL ADVICE: This article is for educational purposes only, it is not legal advice that may be applicable to our situation

The information provided here does not constitute legal advice. It is general information regarding law and policy that may be applicable to your particular HR issue or legal problem. Information provided in this blog, or any of our other public posts, does not create an attorney-client relationship. For specific advice you can rely upon, please contact your attorney.

bottom of page